IVCA Annual Conference 2022
IVCA Conference and AGM 2022 14th -16th October 2022 San Diego, USA
We would like to invite you to this year´s annual general meeting and conference to be held in
San Diego, Marriott Gaslamp Quarter on the 14th-16th October 2022.
In order to attend please register on the links below.
The registration deadline is 15th of September 2022.
Please see below for more information about the program of events and our conference speakers.
We are pleased to welcome this vendor goherogo.com to the San Diego conference.
an active lifestyle by specializing in custom braces for stifle, hock
and carpal injuries. We are the only bracing company owned by both a
veterinarian and a certified orthotist and our core values include
customer service, compassion and healing.”
Program of Events
Friday, October 14th, 2022
10:00-10:45 Registration with Coffee + meet the vendors
10:45-11:45 Pedro Luis Rivera
Functional Neuroanatomy of Back Pain – Correlation to Chiropractic Care
11:45-12:00 Coffee Break + meet the vendors
12:00-13:00 Pedro Luis Rivera
Trans-neuronal degeneration and its implication for manual therapies
13:00-13:30 Lunch Break + meet the vendors
13:30-14:30 Pedro Luis Rivera
Neuoanatomy that was not shared with you while attending chiropractic or veterinary school.
14:30-14:45 Coffee Break – meet the vendors
14:45-15:45 Pedro Luis Rivera
Chiropractic Modality and the Aging Patient Undergoing Palliative or Hospice Care
15:45-16:00 Coffee Break + meet the vendors
16:00 IVCA Annual General Meeting – only open for IVCA members
18:30 IVCA conference dinner at the venue
Let us meet for a social gathering and catch up on the latest news from old and new friends.
Saturday, October 15th, 2022
08:30-10:30 Kyla Awes
Strategies for working with reactive equine patients; including an introduction to Postural Balancing Technique. Part 1
10:30-10:45 Coffee Break + meet the vendors
10:45–12:45 Kyla Awes
Strategies for working with reactive equine patients; including an introduction to Postural Balancing Technique. Part 2
12:45-14:00 Lunch + meet the vendors
14:00-16:00 Pedro Luis Rivera
Chiropractic Care and the Seizuring Patient
Manual Therapy, Inflammation and Fascia: a practical hands-on approach.
16:00 -19:00 Free-Time
19:00 Flagship Dinner Cruise
Captains´Dinner Driuse, 990 North Harbor Drive
Sunday, October 16th 2022
09:00-10:30 Michele Broadhurst
An integrative approach to the veterinary patient: Appyling functional and structural medicine for an optimal outcome. Part 1
10:30-11:00 Coffee Break + meet the vendors
11:00-12:30 Michele Broadhurst
An integrative approach to the veterinary patient: Appyling functional and structural medicine for an optimal outcome. Part 2
12:30-12:45 Closing remarks
When you have time….
San Diego Zoo
There will be short breaks during the lectures at the discretion of the lecturer.
Changes may occur to the program.
IVCA approve the conference for 13 points toward specific veterinary chiropractic part of the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements of the IVCA.
Prices for Members: Euro 305,00, Dinner Euro 75,00 (vegan/not vegan), Flagship Dinner Euro 109,00
Prices for Non-Members: Euro 435,00, Dinner Euro 75,00 (vegan/not vegan), Flagship Dinner Euro 109,00
Early Bird until the 18th of August (8 weeks before the conference), after that plus Euro 100,00
80% refund up to 8 weeks prior conference, 50% refund up to 2 weeks prior conference, NO refund after tha
San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter
Mary Grace Glorioso |Sales Manager
San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter
660 K Street | San Diego, CA | 92101
Direct: 619.446.6082 | Fax: 619.232.4252
Meet the Speakers
Dr Michele Broadhurst DC, CCSP, FIAMA, CAC (IVCA), CCRP,
Mtech chiro (RSA)
Doctor of Chiropractic
Certified Sports Chiropractic Physician
Fellowship from the International Academy of Medical Acupuncture
Certified with the International Veterinary Chiropractic Association
Certified canine rehabilitation practitioner ( CCRP)
Author and speaker on Chiropractic and Myofascial pain
Master’s degree in chiropractic RSA
- I graduated from Chiropractic college in December 2003 and certified as a Certified Sports Chiropractic Physician in 2004. I started practicing in South Africa and decided to expand my scope of practice to animals. I attended Options for Animals and am certified with the International Veterinary Chiropractic Association.
- I was one of the first certified animal chiropractors in South Africa and built a very successful human, large and small animal practice specializing in animal chiropractic, dry needling and rehabilitation. I have a special interest in canines, sport, stud and thoroughbred racehorses. I am one of a handful of certified canine rehabilitation practitioners that is also a Doctor of Chiropractic. I do not practice dry needling in the USA.
- My husband and I owned and ran a human chiropractic and multidisciplinary clinic for 15 years. I am a certified chiropractic acupuncturist with a special focus on integrating myofascial work with chiropractic adjustments, therefore optimizing the nervous system.
- I am the author and co-author of 3 books,
- Co-Author of “A clinicians guide to dry needling for myofascial pain.”
- Author: A clinician’s guide to myofascial pain in the canine patient
- Author: A clinician’s guide to myofascial pain in the Equine patient
- After immigrating to the USA and establishing practices in Maine and Colorado, I recently moved to Dallas Texas to take up the challenging position as Director of Integrative medicine at Valley Ranch Pet Clinic.
- com- presented on their Equine and canine platform for their Online Pet summit 2020 about myofascial pain in horses and dogs.
- Additional Online Pet Health lectures: 6/24/20202, 7/20/2020, 8/02/2020,
Lectured on The importance of diagnosing and treating myofascial pain syndromes in the horse.
- VSMRI- Veterinary Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation Institute 2020
- Fetch DVM360 – 2020 Conference.
- SAAPRA- South African Animal Physical Rehabilitation Association 2021
- VAHL- Veterinary Academy of Higher Learning 2020
- Saddlefit 4 life Conference- keynote speaker, and lecturer 2020.
- Holistic animal studies- equine and canine myofascial lectures 2021.
- Adhock reviewer for the Morris foundation 2021.
- Canine Arthritis Management lecturer and guest blogger 2020, 2021
- com lecture 6/18/2020
- Regular guest on Radio 567 South Africa
- TV presentations: Morning live SA, Holistic living 2016 multiple series, several guest presentations on different afternoon shows.
- Presenter and lecturer for dogcareonair conference 2021- Integration of complementary care with traditional veterinary care.
- Podcast for the groomer next door
- Featured guest lecturer for Elvation medical podcast on extracorporeal shock wave therapy
- Member of the International Veterinary Physical therapy and rehabilitation association
- Member of International Federation of Sports Chiropractic
Published in Innovative Veterinary Care Journal Winter 2021 :Recognizing and treating myofascial pain in dogs. Front cover, peer reviewed.
Contributing Author to peer reviewed article in Elsevier Journal 2021 : Advances in small animal care.