IVCA Membership Requirements
To become and remain a member of the IVCA applicants must:
- Be an accredited veterinarian or chiropractor
- Have successfully completed one of the basic IVCA approved educational courses
- Have successfully completed the IVCA certification exam (as of Jan 1st 2012)
- Agree to complete the IVCA CPD requirements
- Agree to adhere to the IVCA and their respective professional veterinary and chiropractic code of conduct and standard of proficiency
- Ensure that their membership fee is paid on time. The membership fee is due by the end of January each year.
- Membership must be terminated in written to the IVCA before the start of the year for the membership fee not to be in effect for that year.
Benefits of IVCA membership
IVCA membership provides many benefits including:
Inclusion on the IVCA register of members and being listed on the IVCA website are great sources of patient referrals. Members’ details are also made available to people contacting the IVCA looking for IVCA members in their area.
Educational and Promotional Material And Merchandise
High quality IVCA patient education and promotional material (e.g. leaflets, PowerPoint presentations are available only to IVCA Members).
Access to Continuing Education Courses
Regular updates of worldwide seminars and events to count towards your continuing professional development.
Financial support for research project
IVCA members will be prioritized for funding for research projects.
Cost of IVCA Membership
There is an initial joining fee of 75 Euros (plus PayPal fees).
The annual membership fee is 85 Euros (plus PayPal fees).
If you decide to join the IVCA as a member within 4 weeks of successfully completing the IVCA certification exam then €90 from the exam fee will be credited to you. It means that the membership costs of €160 (i.e €75 joining fee plus €85 membership fee for the current year) will be reduced by €90 so the total amount you pay is €70 plus PayPal fees.
Join the IVCA
Joining the IVCA
- Veterinary and/or chiropractic degree.
- Certificate of successful completion of your basic veterinary chiropractic course from your IVCA approved educational course provider.
- Certificate of successful completion of the IVCA Certification Exam (as of Jan 1st 2012).
- Passport details and 2 passport size photos.
Failure to include ALL of the above could result in delay in acceptance for membership and inclusion on the IVCA register.
Visit the IVCA Members Area